Its unique formulation is based on advanced protein foam technology. The protein base material provides a tough cohesive foam blanket with high resistance to heat that provides the same post-fire security as a top quality FluoroProtein (FP). Fluorochemical surface active agents combined with the protein base produce a vapor sealing aqueous film that provides the same fast control and extinguishment as a top quality synthetic AFFF.
- Film-forming for fast flame knockdown and extinguishment.
- Stable and long-lasting foam blanket for excellent burn back resistance and post-fire security.
- Detergent-free for high resistance to fuel pick-up.
- Foam blanket re-seals when ruptured by personnel or equipment.
- Reduced stocks, low cost storage, long shelf-life, and low usage levels combine to provide maximum cost effectiveness.
Petroseal 3% is readily biodegradable and virtually nontoxic to aquatic organisms. It is based on a natural protein foaming agent and contains no harmful synthetic detergent or glycol ether. Petroseal 3% can be successfully treated in biological waste water treatment systems.